My Favourite Hobby : Gardening

Composition or essay writing:
My Favourite Hobby - Gardening

Hobby means one’s favourite occupation , but not one’s main business . It may not bring him money , but it gives him immense joy and pleasure . A man must have a hobby to enjoy a sound mind and sound health . A man can not enjoy his leisure properly without a hobby .

Image Courtesy of  winnond at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
[ Hobby differs from person to person . There are different kinds of hobbies . They are fishing , gardening , stamp collecting , coin collecting , kite flying , drawing, hunting, singing , dancing etc. ]

I am a student . I have also a hobby . My favourite hobby is gardening . I have a garden in front of our home . Everyday I work in it for two hours . I have put a fence around the garden . I loose the soil with spade and weed out the grass . I water the plants regularly .

There are two parts in my garden . In one part , I plant different kinds of flowers such as rose , China rose , tube rose , sun-flower etc . I feel very happy when the flowers bloom . They spread sweet smell . The garden also looks very charming .

There is also a part for planting vegetables . I plant different kinds of vegetables such as carrot , radish , cabbage , cauliflower , tomato , chilly etc. in it . My mother cooks delicious dishes with these vegetables . It also gives me pleasure .

[ I plant flowers and vegetables in my garden in such a way that it never remains bare of any flowers and vegetables . I take care of it regularly . When my friends and relatives come to our home , I take them into my garden and show them the garden . They become very happy to see it and thank me . ]

My garden keeps me fit for any work . Before making the garden , I was a boy of ill health . I started the garden and my health really improved . I can use the flowers and vegetables for different purposes .


My hobby is a great source of joy and pleasure . Everybody should have a hobby to enjoy his leisure and a good health properly . It also keeps a man away from bad company and evil thoughts . My hobby makes my body strong and mind jolly .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Composition Writing: The season I like most

Rules of Transformation of Degree (Positive, Comparative & Superlative) at a glance